Friday, December 4, 2009

Finally

The December Issue of Mint Male Magazine was released yesterday at 2-something in the morning. It was 18/19 hours of solid work - from 7am to around 2am just finishing it up yesterday and getting it loaded properly to issuu.com. That was insanely hard...I was having pdf issues. So happy it's finally completed and I can breathe again. So I thought I would share it with all of you and the story behind it. 

Here is the cover of the magazine (feat. Faris as our model for the fashion spread)


The theme of this past fashion shoot was to use two characters and show their inner turmoil with suppressing their sexuality and who they truly are. It starts off with Jennifer calling Faris and he's letting the phone ring while he gets ready for the cocktail party. I filled the room with multiple shots of them in different poses and outfits. There was multiple wardrobe and make-up changes in this shoot and it took around 4 or 5 hours to complete. I panned in on the main party scene to show how other members are looking at the couple in the center that are about to kiss. The spread then leads off to each character on a chair with a different mask. Faris' mask is looking up at him, while Jennifer's mask is falling off her face and exposing her true emotions. The spread then ends with two scenes with each character with someone of the same sex at the end of the party. I used a tripod and remote so that I wouldn't move the camera. Unfortunately the chair in the foreground moves and I didn't even think of it, so in turn I had to cut out each of them individually and create another chair from 2 images. Lots of work. 











For the press release of Tegan and Sara's new album Sainthood. I decided to go from the theme of their new video "Hell" and create a fortune teller and photograph it. 






You can view the rest of the magazine at MintMale.com


No comments:

Post a Comment