Friday, November 6, 2009

Fresh off the Presses

These past couple of days have been spent on my computer wrapping things up to have the November issue of Mint Male Magazine done yesterday before 9pm (deadline). It was an awesome month. We all went to Washington DC to cover the National Equality March in early October. We received press passes, photographed the event, and met a lot of great people. The march was so full of energy and I tried to capture that visually so that you could also experience it and see how many people were really there (around 250,000). It was such an amazing experience minus the 26 hour car ride driving to DC and back. The premiere of our first issue was a success and things are only getting better. A lot of time, sweat, and hours were put into the 132 page magazine that was launched late last night and I would love for all of you to check it out and give me your full critique on my work. Also, if you have any ideas, suggestions, or pieces we could add to future issues I would love to hear them.

Here are a couple of tear sheets from this issue:


November Cover- Lady Gaga at NEM







Political Fashion Spread- I played off of the reflection of objects each
model was wearing.


National Equality March spread


Thanksgiving spread

The rest of the magazine can be viewed on Issuu.com

www.issuu.com/mintmale/docs/november09

I hope everyone is having a great week! 
Oh and never decide to cook a pizza at 2am while extremely tired... I woke up at 3:30am to smoke and had to air out my kitchen all night. So happy the smoke alarm didn't wake up my entire building. 

T-Rex

1 comment:

  1. oh wow...i totally agree...the same thing happens with pizza rolls...lol

    ReplyDelete